Egg souffle

Wednesday, January 06, 2010
I bought ramekins at least 2 years ago, because I love creme brulee (have not attempted it yet), and since then I've only used them once for French Onion Soup. So this recipe was a good excuse to use my ramekins and eat asparagus. I made many substitutions and it ended up being a small bed of onions+mushroom topped with some plain scrambled egg and lightly sauteed asparagus. I'm not actually even sure if it counts as a souffle anymore since I didn't add cream. Nonetheless, I figured I couldn't go wrong since I used some of my favorite ingredients and at worst it'd be a gamish of some good stuff. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it actually puffed up although it was more soupy/savory than creamy/bready which was fine IMHO. 


Egad I am awful at photo editing

Before...

After..poofy goodness!

w/ a little hawt sauccee






0 comments: