Pizza!

Sunday, April 04, 2010
As a college grad, I have had my fair share of greasy $1/slice pizza. Although I indulge in take out pepperoni slice every now and then, I generally can't stand it anymore. Recently, however, I had a fantastic pizza at Quartino's downtown and have been fantasizing about making my own pizza for a while. I don't really like messing with flour so when I saw Trader Joe's premade whole wheat pizza dough, I had to try it out! 
For my first pizza, I tried to make my own version of Quartino's Duck Proscuitto pizza with bresaola (like prosciutto but beef) and arugula. 


Here is the cute little blob of dough

I am no good at rolling it out..but smeared it with tomato paste + romano
+ bresaola
baked and topped with arugula!
Pros: the arugula+baked bresaola is delish
Cons: I rolled the pizza dough out way too thin, it was like pita bread. 

So I made 3 more pizza, and didn't even mess with the rolling pin. Just pushed it with my hands. I realized after the 2nd one also that the trick is to push the outer circumference first and move inwards to avoid stretching out the middle parts.


1. Artichoke hearts + enoki mushroom  

2. More bresaola



3. Sauteed mushroom + onion


I liked all of them! The enoki was a bit funky but otherwise it was a great success. The pizza crust really tastes better when made from the dough. Totally beats greasy pepperoni! 








0 comments: