Clam linguine

Sunday, July 31, 2011
Shellfish is the funnest!!!


Only my second time with clams and last time I made this dish, it turned out quite sandy. This time I scrubbed + rinsed + rinsed + rinsed. Success, no more sandy pasta!



So here's what I did..
1. Threw a decent amount of finely chopped shallots + at least 3 cloves of chopped garlic into a decent amount of EVOO. Clearly I did not measure anything. 
2. Threw in a few tablespoons of diced canned tomato. I like the Italian flavored canned dice tomatoes. 
3. Poured in a decent amount of Riesling. The only white I had on hand. 
4. Threw in a few sprigs of saffron. This is bolded as this was my first cooking with saffron experience!! 
5. Threw in the carefully washed clams. All of those pictured in the orange container. 
6. On the side, I boiled some of my fave pasta..whole wheat spaghetti. (I guess this is clam spaghetti rather than clam linguine.)


Once the clams are done popping, combine with the pasta. That's it! 








Because I eyeballed everything, I was surprised that there was a fair amount of fluid that came from the clams. Nonetheless, that broth was amazing. I didn't have to add any salt. I LOVE SEAFOOD and all it's salty glory.


4 comments:

Jeanie said...

gorgeous pictures mei!!!! love love love! your photos are awesome!

Will Parker said...

why did we not make that?

Will Parker said...

Probably because I would have ruined it somehow

Meize Mouse said...

@ jeanie..u r my idol.
@ Will, we can make it now!