Cheesy buttery garlicky bread

Saturday, January 28, 2012
I saw this heart attack in bread form on Pinterest and had to make it ASAP...

My modifications...I discovered something called Ficelle from TJs which I think is the bread version of frozen cookie dough (i.e. all the joys of eating something fresh from the oven without making it from scratch). I also made my own "garlic butter" which involved mincing garlic and mixing with softened butter. Some fresh or dried herbs would have been nice though.

I think the trick is...if you think you're adding too much butter and cheese..you need to add more. There is no "light" version of this recipe that is sensical! The second time around I even made smaller slices through the bread so I could stuff in more butter and cheese. 

Now since eating all this bread doused in lard, I'm going to eat alfalfa sprouts the rest of the week.



0 comments: