Cod in Cartoccio

Sunday, December 13, 2009
I think I first heard about this on Food Network's Good Eats
It's a super easy, fast and healthy way to make fish although I generally like to do this with non-fishy fish (i.e. white). 
My fave combo is cod + whole brussell sprouts. If you've never had cod, it is a tasty, relatively inexpensive white fish which is meatier than say tilapia. According to Alton Brown, the best material is parchment paper but since I am a poor student and don't use parchment paper for anything else, I just use aluminum foil. Just stick whatever you want in the foil with some EVOO, S+P, wrap it up and stick it in the oven. 500F, 12 minutes-FLAT (usually).
Before

After:

After with the fish all flaked up:






1 comments:

Unknown said...

are you telling me you dont take path notes on premiere parchment paper aged 20 years? meredith would be so displeased...