Mark Bittman's Braised Turkey (chicken)

Monday, December 21, 2009
Well this is certainly not the most elegant/danty looking dishes, but good lord, it is freaking delicious!
Here is Mark Bittman's recipe. I made a stripped down version, I only had chicken breast and used bacon instead of pancetta. I recently caved/indulged and bought myself some absolutely amazing looking, thick sliced, hickory smoked bacon. Xmas gift to myself. 

I browned the turkey in bacon fat (and consumed bits of bacon while I cooked hehe), and then the vegetables (I used carrots, onion, mushroom and some sage leaves). I then deglazed the pan with some chicken stock and put it all on a baking pan. 

After some time in the oven (not sure how long, was watching TV), it turned out like this!


The chicken turned out...pretty good. I don't think I have enough of a  vegetable bed or liquid for the chicken to be as tender as Mark Bittman's. But the vegetables were AMAZING-sweet, tender and juicy. Very home-y, Thanksgiving-esque feel to the whole thing. In the future, I may just skip the chicken. Yay, very exciting!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

i would like to request a recipe for bibimbap... shout out to allshine for introducing me