New foods

Tuesday, September 06, 2011
I'm all about trying new or newish things and this weekend was particularly productive for that. Unfortunately, except for the clams, the pictures are only representative ones I found on the internets.

New things that I LOVED


Razor clams with oregano, lemon juice + EVOO
(Purple Pig)




Balsamic braised pig tails (Purple Pig)



Fried pig ear, fried egg, banana peppers (Purple Pig)
( dish I hope to recreate as soon as I get my hands on dem ears..!)


New foods that I hated
RAW FISH!
I only had a spicy tuna roll and dry heaved while chewing it.
My general philosophy that people should try new things, however, after this weekend, I'm very content to NOT eat raw fish. Despite enjoying weird animal parts (see above), I just think certain things should be cooked certain ways. To me, eating a rubbery, fleshy piece of fish is like drinking curdled milk. Alas, I will not be a sophisticated sashimi eater.

1 comments:

Xu Chef said...

haha i don't enjoy sashimi either. LOVE all of the other foods/pics above though!