Cucumber, cilantro and vermicelli salad

Wednesday, February 24, 2010
In continuing with the Asian food theme....I made this cucumber salad. My parents eat it all the time. The julienned cucumber is key...haha maybe not, but it makes it look very Asian IMHO! The vermicelli is average, I could do without it. It takes away from the vibrant green freshness of the whole thing. 
Oh and I'd like to just declare my love for cilantro..is there a more fragrant, refreshing herb? Too bad it is so pungent that I rarely cook with it but it sure is fantabulous when I do get to. I would love to start growing it on my windowsill but have yet to find a baby cilantro plant to buy.


Oh the recipe is just cucumber, cilantro and vermicelli mixed with a little bit of my spicy soy sauce mix. Any kind of sour + salt mix will do. 





0 comments: