Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms

Wednesday, February 03, 2010
This is a recipe I've wanted to make for a while because it looked so cute in my cookbook and I had some fancy whole grain/flaxseed cous cous. So I finally got some portabella mushrooms but the recipe was a p-a-i-n in the ass. Things that went wrong
1) I am never buying unwashed mushrooms again. I hate washing them because, to be honest, I'm not really sure how. Rachel Ray says to wipe them with a damp paper towel but I think it's a waste of paper towel AND doesn't really clean them IMHO. 
2) The mushrooms were really delicate and I deformed them many times.
3) I burned the cous cous and I burned the chopped onions. 
4) The mushrooms are flat and soggy after they are cooked so not really "stuffable". 

Nonetheless..this is what I ended up with. I decided to just eat the mess and move on buttttt...to my surprise.....it was freaking delicious! I looooove portabellas!!


Here is a side view..see it is a mushroom under there!



0 comments: